Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sign me up for a dozen! These look scrumptious!
- 2 ½ c all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ c mashed bananas
- ½ c sour cream
- 1 stick butter
- ½ c granulated sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c mini chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ c walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Heat the butter in a small saute pan until it turns brown and smells nutty.
- Remove from heat and add the white and brown sugars.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes to cool.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl and add the egg and vanilla.
- Mix in banana and sour cream.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Fold into banana mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Drop a one inch ball of dough onto cookie sheets 2-inches apart and bake at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes or until edges are brown.