I'm betting that most people don't have any old dry bread products hanging around the house right now (read: kids eating most of us out of house and home) but if and when you do, try this simple and delicious bread pudding! (Maybe this is more of a post social distancing recipe)
- 9" x 13" baking pan
- 12 or more slices of day old bread, bagels, english muffins, sandwich thins, etc.
- 4 tbsp butter (melted)
- 4 c milk
- 8 eggs
- 1 ½ c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Break bread into small pieces into a 9 x 13 pan until full.
- Drizzle melted butter over bread pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Beat until well combined.
- Pour over bread and press bread pieces down into mixture to make sure all is coated.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 55 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly tapped.
- Eat it by itself or with ice cream, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, etc...