Don’t adjust your glasses, you read it correctly. Cuisine mashups can be fun and exciting and quesadillas are just kinda like a hot sandwich, right? So, there is nothing weird about adding mediterranean ingredients to a quesadilla. If your family loves the bright, intoxicating flavors of the mediterranean and the handheld format of the quesadilla, they’ll love these!
- 16 tortillas
- 4 c fresh spinach
- 1 red onion
- red peppers or sundried tomatoes jarred in oil
- kalamata or black olives
- mozzarella cheese shredded
- feta cheese
- oregano dried or fresh
- red pepper flakes
- Prepare vegetables: Chiffonade (finely chop) the spinach and thinly slice the red onion, red peppers, and olives.
- On a plate, place a tortilla. Sprinkle with desired quantities of spinach, red onion, red pepper, olives, mozzarella, feta, oregano, and red pepper flakes (if using). Be careful not to overload.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Place the loaded tortilla on the griddle and place another tortilla on top.
- Cook until browned on the bottom, then flip and cook until browned on the other side (a few minutes per side).
- Remove the tortilla and cut into wedges with a pizza cutter.