Hot Fudge Cake
- 9" square baking pan
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- ¾ c sugar
- 6 tbsp baking cocoa (divided)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ c 2% milk
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 1 ¾ c hot water
- ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk milk, oil and vanilla until blended.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-in.-square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter.
- Pour hot water over all; do not stir.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm. Top with ice cream, if desired.