With Cinco de Mayo quickly approaching I thought I'd look for some Mexican desserts to try and share. I think this dessert would pair well with a Mexican mocha coffee or even a margarita!
- 9x13 inch baking dish
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 package) (softened)
- 1 c white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls (2 x 8 oz packages)
- ½ c melted butter
- ½ c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Unroll the cans of crescent roll dough, and use a rolling pin to shape each sheet into 9x13 inch rectangles. Press one sheet into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture into the baking dish, then cover with the remaining piece of crescent dough, and brush with melted butter. Stir together 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl, and sprinkle evenly over the top of the cheesecake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.