Uncle Jiggy's New York Style Cheesecake
This ain't no no-bake cheesecake! If you like rich, dense, New York style cheesecake, this recipe's for you!
- springform pan
- 1 ½ c graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ¼ c granulated sugar
- 5 ½ tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 pint sour cream
- Position one rack in center of oven and second rack in lowest third of oven; preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and butter in a small bowl until well blended.
- Press mixture into bottom of 9-inch springform pan with 2 3/4-inch high sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and remaining 1 cup sugar in large bowl until smooth.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just to blend after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Fold in sour cream thoroughly.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Set cheesecake pan on center rack.
- Fill small pan with water and place on bottom rack.
- Bake cheesecake for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand in warm oven for 1 hour. Do not open oven door.
- Transfer to rack and cool.
- Cover and chill until cold. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.)